Friday, August 24, 2007

My relationship with music – MJ Cole – Crazy Love

Music – I love music, anything and everything. I think everybody feels that they connect with a certain song in their own unique way. That the particular “tune” you’re listening to was written just for you, this is the case with me whether it is a classical piece, disco, hip hop, dancehall, rnb, you name it..

I have many many songs like this; most of my “tunes” are memory related. The memory could be from yesterday or my party hay day’s when I was a true ENGLISH GAL. Something will play and I’m instantly taken back to the moment when the track was indeed MY song, I’m literally living in that moment and can remember everything from what I was wearing to those around me, the exact time, place, you name it, it’s a crazy feeling that I can’t explain, maybe that’s why it’s just that, a feeling.

Below is a song that relates to what I’m talking about.. It’s about 7/8 years old (yeeeesh) don’t let the title fool you, I wasn’t a psycho who was obsessed with somebody, BUT I was going through so many things at that time in my life, had so many people with crazy issues around me, discovering and trying to find out who I really was. This song depresses me as well as makes me happy (is there such a thing??)

Note: I’d always said if I learnt to sing this is the one song I’d love to tackle…

Anyhooo, enough rambling.. Enjoy.

MJ Cole’s CRAZY LOVE

[you have to click to head to youtube, unfortunately the person that uploaded it doesn’t provide the embedding code]

No comments: