Monday, July 23, 2007

Rihanna launches "Umbrella" line

This is hardly surprising, her hit “Umbrella” scored the longest Number One position in over 10 years in the UK, for a period of 10 weeks, it was only obvious the marketing minds behind her would put a spin a things.

Seriously from being a song I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about, I’ve now heard it so so sooooooo many times, I alarmingly find myself making sure I get the right amounts of “Eh Eh’s” in when I sing along, aaaaaaaghh.

So there you have it, Rihanna recently announced her own collection of umbrella’s in collaboration with Totes clothing company.

Currently the collection ranges from $16 to $50 and has 5 models in different colors. The most expensive being the posh limited edition Rihanna 2 Color Satin Stick, ooh er.

According to the Totes website, this was the “Umbrella” specially designed for Rihanna’s performance at the 2007 MTV Movie Awards.

I could see them selling in the UK, (more out of necessity and the fact it’s a new posh looking brolly out on the market) but LA? Well we’ll see.

No comments: