Monday, July 16, 2007

Idris Elba's American accent.

Ok, I had a crazy weekend, yesterday totally drained me, all afternoon at the beach (yes I was in the water big time, I’m 2 shades darker because of it) soccer practice (don’t ask) visiting a few people, a movie and a very late night, where did my youth go? I’m seriously knackered.

Anyway, I saw Daddy’s Little Girls for the first time last night, I know I’m totally late seeing this movie but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, watching movies isn’t my priority unless it’s work so hey.

I have to comment on the lead man Idris Elba’s American accent, for a London born and raised guy it’s totally convincing. So much so, I had always thought he was American. It was only when I went to a wrap party for The Wire in New York a few years ago (remember his role in HBO’s The Wire??) that I found out he grew up not too far from where I did in the UK, small bloody world.

My fake American accent totally sucks, I somehow become a southern belle for some reason and that’s why even after many many drinks I still won’t attempt it.

Vice Versa, the only convincing American who does an English accent better than I speak, is Rene Zellweger, seriously not too many non Brits can master it.

Anyway, enough of my ranting, just thought I’d share, total appreciation of Idris and he’s verrrry “camera friendly” as we say in the UK.

D

No comments: