Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kirstie Alley to start own weight loss company

Weightloss queen Kirstie Alley has announced plans to launch her own diet firm, just days after resigning as the spokeswoman for U.S. company Jenny Craig.

The star who insists she had an "extraordinary" and "first rate" experience with the diet giants, hopes to launch her new venture in 2009.

Alley tells People.com, "After lengthy negotiations, regretfully, the Jenny Craig Company and I did not come to an agreement to continue as their spokesperson.

"Somehow, I've also fallen into the position of 'accidental' role model for, apparently, millions of people out there losing weight by whatever means. This was something I did not bargain for, or foresee happening. Nevertheless, it is something I've grown to embrace and something I intend to continue to pursue...

"I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride. I am especially passionate about seeing to it that our next generations are not struggling with the same weight issues that my generation has struggled with."


No comments: