Saturday, June 30, 2007

Danica Patrick, Female Sports Stars, My name Dennica

My name twin Danica Patrick is listed among America's Fav Female Sports Stars for the second year running in a poll conducted by Harris Interactive.

Patrick, driver of the No. 7 Dallara Honda for Andretti Green Racing, is ranked second behind tennis star Serena Williams in this year's poll. Patrick was fifth in 2006.

Others on the current list include tennis players Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova and Anna Kournikova; soccer's Mia Hamm; golfers Annika Sorenstam and Michelle Wie; boxer Laila Ali; and figure skater Michelle Kwan.

Interesting Facts about my name - When I was younger I used to be obsessed with the meanings of names, mainly because I could never find mine in any name books, it's a whole other story how my mother came up with my name, that's a blog I'll save for another time.

I loved my name until I moved out LA, not that I don't love it now but..... Seriously, it's a Slavic name, very pretty and very unique in the UK. Out here it's one of those 'KA' names.. You know what I'm talking about so I'm not even going to go into it.. Basically it rhymes with Shaniqua, aaagghhhh.

The meaning of the name DANIKA: - Morning Star, Only God can Judge me... Guess who else had the same meaning?? Oh errr, the latter meaning should give you a BIG clue if you know your Bible.

The origin of the name: is SLAVIC, if you don't know what the hell that means, think Czech, Slovak, Polish, Russian. Also from the Hebrew name Danielle.

The pronunciation:
D(a)-Ni-Ka, or Den-Ni-Ka - As mine is pronounced.

Variations: Danica, Dennica and probably a million other weird and wonderful spellings, LOL

Interesting stuff: There is a town in Bulgaria called Dennica, there is a Slavic womens magazine called Dennica, my daughter's (when that happens) middle name will be Dennica...


1 comment:

Admin said...

They say she's of Italian, Norwegian, and Irish origin
It's confusing, to say the least