Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tom Hanks Officially Endorses Barack Obama

Tom Hanks has officially announced his support of U.S. Presidential candidate Barack Obama, and has even posted a video on YouTube.

“I’m Tom Hanks and I want Barack Obama to be the next president of our country,” Tom confesses in the episode, thankfully titled, Beware: Celebrity Endorsement.

"I want Barack Obama to be president of this country, a country that once said that people of his skin color were only 3/5 of a human being. My support for Obama isn’t just about breaking boundaries, it’s because of his character and vision," Hanks says.

Always the comedian, and poking fun at celebrity-obsessed America, Hanks concludes with: “As an official celebrity, I know my endorsement has just made your mind up for you."

No comments: