Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random Post: Notting Hill Carnival

Ok, totally random post today, I head Sean Kingston’s new song yesterday and it totally reminded me of the Notting Hill Carnival, which is the one event that takes place in London that I really really miss and really need to make the effort to make sure I’m home for the next one. I’ve been literally every year since I was 17 years old, and always had a dan-dooley time.. Memories, the stories I could tell ya...

Below is a video of highlights of this years event, I really think it captures the true essence of the spirit of Carnival..

For those that don’t know:

Notting Hill Carnival is an annual event which takes place in Notting Hill, London, England each August, over two days (Sunday and the following Bank Holiday).

It has continuously taken place on the streets of Notting Hill since 1965. The carnival has attracted up to 2 million people in the past, putting it the second largest street festival in the world, after Rio.

No comments: